Our design philosophy
- Completeness: Deliverables must be usable, useful and beautiful. No exceptions.
- Transparency: Provide insight into as much of what we do as possible.
- Balance: Work hard but be covetous of your personal time.
- Special Forces: Deploy small teams of talented and experienced people.
- Golden Rule: Treat people how we want to be treated.
Involution Studios was founded in 2004 by Dirk Knemeyer and Andrei Herasimchuk with a simple goal: design great software.
In 9 years, we have:
- Worked for over 100 clients,
- Seen our customers raise over $300 million in venture funding rounds, be acquired by large companies, go public, and
- Made software that is enjoyed by over 150,000,000 users worldwide.
From Day One we were in the software business, designing apps for companies of all sizes, industries, and stages of maturity. Web design companies often re-fashion themselves as app design companies. The only common thread between web and application design is that they both display on computing machines.
Apps are our business. The best software companies in the world ask for us by name.
Juhan Sonin, Creative Director
Juhan Sonin is the Creative Director of Involution Studios and has produced work recognized by the New York Times, Newsweek, BBC International, Billboard Magazine, and National Public Radio (NPR). He has spent time at Apple, the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), and MITRE. Juhan lectures on design and engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Jon Follett, Business Catalyst
For more than a decade Jon has been leading or contributing to web application development for organizations large and small. After working inside complex organizations like the State of Massachusetts, Jon created his own design consulting company, Hot Knife Design. Under his leadership Hot Knife became a first-choice provider of web application design and development services for small companies. Jon is also a recognized thought leader in the user experience community, having published a variety of articles reprinted in many languages.
Dirk Knemeyer, Founder
Dirk has written over 100 articles for publications like Business Week, given over 50 speeches and presentations including keynotes in the United States and Europe, and has participated on 13 Boards for corporations and non-profit organizations. Under his leadership Involution has provided exceptional applications for over 100 satisfied customers. Prior to co-founding Involution Dirk was the Chief Design Officer at Thread Information Design, which designed and developed internal productivity apps for major corporations.
For more information or to talk to us about your app needs, Contact Us.